Egg shell paint ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello moved into my next house and want to paint my bathroom.Thing is the walls have been painted and are like egg shell all cracked .I want to emulsion over it again .Will the egg shell look come through the new paint or is there anything I can add to the paint to save it .What causes this .Is it because there might have still been glue or perhaps walls were not clean before they were painted .

Cheers

Sponsored Links
sounds like the walls were at one time wallpaperd, then someone has simply decided to paint onto the bare walls problem is any residue paste or adhesive tends to crack the paint quite a nice special effect on furniture! best thing to do is line the walls with an 800 grade lining paper and repaint on top of that the finish is very pleasing and its always worth the effort.

Thanks Instone for your advice I will do that...I always give my best to what ever DIY project I'm doing and not 90% or why should anyone bother... Not that your saying I do.

Thanks again

Wilson

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back