Oil based masonry paint - Textured??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I'm committed to painting my house this weekend, whatever the weather. Now that the forecasts are looking bad, I'm considering doing it with Oil/Pliolite based paint, so that it will be rain resistant FAST!

I want to do it with textured paint, as there are lots of patches and hairline cracks in the render, which I'd like to hide as much as possible.

Can you get textured oil-based masonry paint? I can't see any in any of my googling - plenty of smooth finish ones, but no textured!

Cheers,
Dave

Sponsored Links
I'm committed to painting my house this weekend, whatever the weather.
A very bad committment. Wait for a dry day, and "follow the sun" doing each wall after the sun has been on it to make it warm and dry

Otherwise put it in your diary to do again in a few months when it starts to blister and flake.

Fair point.

To be more accurate; I am committed to doing the gutters (I've hired a scaffold tower, and don't have any other time off work), and I would like to paint the house at the same time.

The question on the paint still stands, does oil based textured paint exist?

Dave

Fair point.

To be more accurate; I am committed to doing the gutters (I've hired a scaffold tower, and don't have any other time off work), and I would like to paint the house at the same time.

The question on the paint still stands, does oil based textured paint exist?

Dave

I honestly don't know if it does but....it's going to be good weather, Saturday/Sunday. I hate the pliolite stuff anyhow, so I'd go for the water based option as it's excellent , Sandtex/Johnstone's/ Leyland/ Dulux. If it's warm, it'll dry quickly anyway.
A proper yellow handled masonry brush and a long pile roller will serve you well.

Sponsored Links
'Comitted'...hmmm...sounds like he's on a promise to me!!...help him out lads!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back