Oil boiler lockout.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Worcester Bosch Danesmoor SLPJ 20/25 Oil boiler with conventional flue; Santronic TF830.2B controller; Fully serviced and cleaned (including cleaning flame detector and nozzle chamber) – which had no impact on the problem; Oil supply OK. The system only has a room thermostat and a boiler thermostat, hot water tank is gravity fed, central heating pump is working OK.

Sometimes the burner locks out, sometimes it works all evening OK before locking out. I have tried a spare replacement controller which did not cure the problem – so not thought to be a controller problem.

Situation detail (a): burner fires up; room thermostat is closed (set high for this test); burner runs for some time; burner flame cuts out; burner blower continues for 10-20 secs, during which time some rapid relay activity in the controller for 1 second or so and then locks out and blower stops. The lockout only occurs at the end of the burn cycle.

Situation detail (b): burner fires up; room thermostat is closed (set high for this test); burner runs for a few minutes; intermittent rapid relay action in controller; burner and blower cut out.

Any ideas about the cause of the problem please?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your prompt reply dcawkwell.

I'm not an expert on the burner unit, but is there a solenoid? I see a transformer, motor/fan. control unit and oil pump, which feeds the nozzle assembly - but no solenoid. Is it integral with the pump, or have I missed seeing it?

Thanks / StewartA

The solenoid coil is the main culprit, sitting on the top of the oil pump......held on by one allen nut, 3 wire electrical plug going into it.
Costs around £30. Part number 071N0010, for a Danfoss BFP pump.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Thank you Burnerman.

Part ordered - should be fired up in next day or so.

Regards
StewartA

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back