Oil boiler service: T1/133D assessment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had the boiler serviced and the engineer left me with OFTEC form T1/133D assessment.

Looking through it later I'm confused:

Environmental HaZard:
* he's ticked 'yes' for 4) Tank within 10 metre of controlled water. But there's no stream, lake, river etc anywhere near.
* 4) also refers to '(note 3') but the form has no notes, so what is note 3?
* Also ticked 'yes' to '10) Tank located within England 'groundwater Source Protection Zone 1' '. I've looked at the DEFRA map but can't see how to identify these zones (only groundwater nitrate etc). However my property does fall into a large blue shaded area (no indication what this area represents) at the far end of which some two miles away there's a river.
* This ticked section has reference '(Note 5)' but again - no notes.

Fire Hazard
* he's ticked 'yes' against ' 2) oil tank located within 760mm of a non fire-rated boundary.' The tank base is up against my wooden fence, but this is not the boundary. The boundary is around 1.5m beyond my wooden fence at which point there is a barbed wire fence owned by the farmer who owns the neighbouring field.

Sponsored Links
I've attached a photo of the Notes, which are printed on the inside cover of the book of certificates.

Obviously we don't know where you live so it's impossible to comment on the individual environmental issues, but if your tank is not currently a bunded type then it is strongly recommended that you get one.

On the fire hazard issue, if that's not your boundary then I think it becomes a "non fire rated structure" and should be 1.8m away. Either way it sounds like your fence is too close and you need to either take it down or install fire protection

Attachments

• 20190822_085115.jpg
    20190822_085115.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 211
If he serviced the boiler he should have left a cd10 form this form is for a risk assessment on the oil tank not a service form.Bob

Sponsored Links
Thanks both.
The tank is a plastic bunded one new about 9 years ago and installed by OFTEC contractor.

Notes are on the cover of the book of certs???!! What use is that to the customer?? But thanks for the photo.

He also left an 'oil firing servicing report' which appears to be a company produced report. Covers: boiler details; service schedule; Parts fitted; Important Comments; and stats on pump pressure etc etc. Has OFTEC logo/Reg nbr.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back