Oil Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just moved into an old farmhouse and need some advice.

The oil boiler is a little antiquated, as is the system, which is tubed in plastic pipe due to the acidity of the private water supply. Appears that it is a gravity system with pumped c/h with primary flow and return coming off diagonally opposite outlets. Primary circuit is only 22mm which somewhat surprises me but domestic water heats fairly quickly. I'm about to replace and reposition the cylinder and wondering if I should make it a fully pumped system or should I just shift the cylinder and leave the pipework as it as it is? It's likely the new position of the cylinder will entail a couple more bends, should I increase the pipe size.

I'd be grateful for your thoughts

Thanks a lot

Charlie

Sponsored Links
What's the boiler and its output? That determies pipe size, mainly.
Yes you'd be better off with a fully pumped system, and also comply with building regs.

Sponsored Links
ChrisR said:
What's the boiler and its output? That determies pipe size, mainly.
Yes you'd be better off with a fully pumped system, and also comply with building regs.

51-65,000 btu

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back