Oil fired central heating control.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Seems I have a Greenstar Utility 18-25 oil boiler in the flat below the house, and there is a thermostat on the wall and a wireless thermostat receiver, in the house found an old time switch but no thermostat transmitter just 4 holes in wall where it may have been mounted.

In the airing cupboard I can see the pipes and two taps, but have been unable to find any motorised valves, what I thought was a controller turned out to be an alarm panel.

There is no thermostat on the cistern so would expect there is no control for hot water. It is two separate living areas a flat which was a garage and the house, I can't find any way to turn off either flat or house.

So got name and phone number of local plumber I assume I will need some motorised valves fitting, pipes seem large 22 mm at least, so maybe thermosyphon for domestic hot water.

So question is what to fit? I would expect need three motorised valves, one for domestic hot water, one for main house and one for flat? But not sure, is it OK to heat domestic hot water and not central heating?

Sponsored Links
Plumber coming today, hope he can fit some thing to allow more control? Easy enough to stop domestic water getting too hot, simple motorised valve, but stopping central heating running in summer while allowing domestic hot water to work, may be different story.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back