Oil Heatslave Pressure problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had my Heatslave 20/25 oil boiler serviced.

Everything is OK except the system pressure, starting off from cold at just below 1 Bar but when system (heating) is up to temp the pressure has risen to just below 3 Bar.

Checked the expansion tank and that seems fine with a pressure of 1 Bar and no water from the schrader valve.

One thing though is that the expansion tank pressure stays at 1 Bar even when the system pressure is up to 3 Bar.

I am wondering whether the pipe from the boiler to the expansion tank could be blocked.

Any suggestions guys (or gals).

Bernard

Sponsored Links
Hi, i take it when you have checked the vessell pressure there was no system pressure and the prv was open?? also check the braided line to the vessell is not kinked.

Pressure was checked when I drained some of the system to give me no pressure on the boiler gauge.

With 0 pressure on the boiler gauge, the vessel pressure shows just under 1 bar.
With 3 bar (or near enough) on the boiler gauge, the pressure vessel still shows just under 1 bar.

That is what makes me suspect the flexible between the vessel and the boiler.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back