oil pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi.

Im going to get into oil boiler servicing bought my self all the gear there, But I was told the pump pressure should be about 9.5-10 bar but i see on other posts people are saying 8 bar. does it change from pump manufactuer to pump manufactuer. I was also told that the pressure would be written on the pump.

On saturday I was called to a burner which was reported to be using to much oil the burner was a benatone though I could not see any pressure on the pump.
so I changed nozzle to .60/80s, checked pressure and it was at 9.5 bar so i left it alone, done smoke test, then adjust air so I had 10.5% co2.

But after reading other posts about the 8bar pressure Im having doubts,

what is the ideal pressure

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I would suggest an OFTEC or manufacturer's servicing course might be a good idea! :LOL:

I would suggest an OFTEC or manufacturer's servicing course might be a good idea! :LOL:

OFTEC course is a load of balls mate

money racket i know how to service and repair just not to sure of pump pressures

The pump pressure for each boiler is listed in the service/installation manual.

On a lot more of the newer boilers you find all the info on the data plate. (but this will only list the medium settings only)

You can however still change the pump pressure to reach the desired flue temp. I normally have to lower them a little (10%).

Generally the biggest problem with oil boilers is that people have installed one far to big. even changing the nozzle to the smallest often leaves the boilers 30-50% more than needed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back