Oil price rant

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
45p per litre in the summer for kerosene....bad enough I guess but its now 74p per litre - if you can get it!
Deliveries are 3 weeks behind and old folks around here are getting cold.
Of course, there aren't any deliveries at weekends either - that would be too simple.
However, if you are prepared to travel to some of the oil distributors, they will sell you oil at £1.00 per litre, vat extra, so long as you bring your own cans......ah bless!
It was claimed, on Breakfast TV last Thursday, that there was no profiteering. Yeah, right :evil:
John :mad:

Sponsored Links
You just promted me to check my tank and have enough until summer. :D
Didn't realise it was up to that price.
My tank holds 2700/L.

If I can trust my Apollo - which is unlikely - I've around 700 ltr or so.
Got a huge bunded plastic tank that holds about 1300 ltr.
Enough oil until summer - that must be very reassuring :D
Imagine buying kero in 25 ltr jerry cans....hardly wet the bottom of the tank :rolleyes:
John :)

When the price goes up the thieves come out. There's a lot of money in a tank of oil.

Sponsored Links
Does heating oil go off like petrol does?

Just thinking, I find 1-year-old petrol upsets my strimmer, wondered if kerosene is the same...

Petrol shouldnt go off unless it is premixed with oil which might be the case with your strimmer.

Update on kerosene price. How does 58.5p + 5%vat a litre sound.
Ordered 24/12/10 delivered 4/01/11

Petrol shouldnt go off unless it is premixed with oil which might be the case with your strimmer.

You can expect unleaded fuel to be below par after a year, but you can buy additives which keep it wholesome...Briggs and Stratton do one.

Update on kerosene price. How does 58.5p + 5%vat a litre sound.
Ordered 24/12/10 delivered 4/01/11

After current prices it almost seems a bargain :eek:
Delivery seems to be sorting itself out, too.
I'm ok until Feb I think - but the tank aint gonna get low.....!

Does heating oil go off like petrol does?

It can probably develop the same fungus that appears in a stale diesel tank. Looks like a brown furry sludge.
Google "Cladisporium Resinae" and it'll tell you that it appears in the fuel when a small quantity of water is present.

Sponsored Links
Back