oil spots on block paved drive!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I hired a car the other week (it was brand new) but still managed to leak oil all over my driveway (the oil cooler was a bit loose apparently).

Anyway I have oil spots in a few places upto approx 4-5 inches in diameter and it is a new ish block paved drive.

What is the best way to clean these spots off, and what chemicals would be most suitable??

many thanks

Sponsored Links
washing_up_liquid.jpg
CAL-T&T-300-FrenchStreetBroom.jpg

Other brands of washing up liquid are available

Hi

I hired a car the other week (it was brand new) but still managed to leak oil all over my driveway (the oil cooler was a bit loose apparently).

Anyway I have oil spots in a few places upto approx 4-5 inches in diameter and it is a new ish block paved drive.

What is the best way to clean these spots off, and what chemicals would be most suitable??

many thanks
Put a claim in off the car hire company, and have it cleaned at their expense.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
damn it, I thought there would be some miracle cure that wouldnt require effort :(

thanks anyway

Really hot soapy water will take the worst of it out but some one once told me good quality Kitty litter poured over the top of the stain will pull anything liquid based up but i have'nt tried it personaly.

"Gunk" make an oil stain remover that you can get in Halfords and motorist's toyshops. I find it very good. You may need a couple of applications. Be sure to get the water-soluble detergent one, not the old Engine Degreaser.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back