Cleaning WD40/oil off a concrete drive/installing a post

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I really hope someone can help me with this. I had a new driveway laid only in December. Unfortunately, as it is right next to the road, all and sundry use it for passing, waiting, turning etc. and some B'stard with a leaky car has left spots of engine oil on it. I tried to clean them off with WD40 and made it a whole lot worse as you can see. :cry: Does anyone know how I can restore my concrete to its original pristine condition?

Also, where can I get a lockable folding post to stop the b'stards going on my driveway? Or would you recommend any other security device? I share access with a lady who owns the garage opposite so she would have to be able to get on there.

DSC07921_zps31db011b.jpg

DSC07922_zps4e31c140.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thanks Pigeon, but it would have to be lockable because the people round here are unbelievable. They would take any post that wasn't tied down! My garage posts weren't concreted in (only temporary ones) and they took those!! :rolleyes:

And what's a degreasing detergent? Can you recommend any?

Mr muscle, cif, have a look down the cleaning aisle or under your sink Maybe give really soapy water a go.

Sponsored Links
Way back when... My family used to use washing up liquid on our crazy paving drive. As soon as we saw a drip of oil from the Ausin 1100, later the Triumph Herald, we'd squirt a few drops of Sunlight Lemon Liquid on it and rub it in with a finger. The next time it rained, it would usually wash away.

My mum was so proud of that drive - it was the only oil-free drive in the street for over 20 years!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back