Oily people - replacement for Teddington TBB?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
Parents have a Trianco TRO 28/32 and it seems that the Teddy TBB stat is on its last legs. This stat is now very much obsolete; I believe production ceased in 2008. Is there a recognised replacement, either officially or unofficially? Would really rather not have to scrap the boiler for want of a stat!
TIA
Muggles

Sponsored Links
Wrong one @JimCrow - that's the AAM high-limit stat, which is still widely available. I need the TBB control stat

The last one I saw was £150 on the Bay of Thieves.
Find one with same diameter capillary phial and adapt fixing.

Sponsored Links
If your TBB has the half round phial, then remove the limit stat and replace the control stat with anything that fits the pocket. You can then wire the limit stat phial to the flow pipe externally.

Pocket? It's wedged between the body of the boiler and the insulation! Thanks for the tip though :)

Sounds like someone has 'solved' the problem previously. You should be able to find a pocket or sleeve into which the phials fit.

AFAIK it's original, unless it was changed within the first two years of the boiler's life - my parents have owned it ever since and haven't had a new stat. I'll have a poke around when I visit them next!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back