Ok, so is this a reasonable quot for my bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wouldn't it great if you didn't have to shop around for quotes? I saved myself at least 100% of the cost of my kitchen by shopping around. Seems I will have to do the same for my bathroom. *sigh*

Ok, its 6ft by 5ft6. Small. Contains a bath, basin with pedestal and WC. Electric shave rsocket on wall, oil filled radiator on wall.

I have bought everything I need and only want to pay labour. I want the new bath/basin and WC replacing the old, a illuminated mirror replacing shaver socket on wall, oil filled towel warmer to replace old oil radiator. New light on ceiling replacing old. Walls and floor tiled over the top of existing tiles

Quote 1

£2000 all in

Quote 2

£3000

which is (excluding VAT)

£1890 labour
plumbing £81.93
tiling materials £168.41
adhesive £42.66

electrical work bumps it up to £3000

is this really what labour costs for bathrooms?? I've already bought all the stuff, I just need somebody to do it. The tiles are 600x300 so I can't see tiling taking forever.

I do know these guys do a fantastic job though from personal recommendation.

Does labour for small bathrooms really cost £2000 or £3000? Or is it a case of pay peanuts get monkeys?

I live in Sheffield, UK.

[/b]

Sponsored Links
I am sure the Polish will do it for you for about £400.

The problem is that if you want to get top quality installers who are recommended for the quality of their work then they can charge these amounts.

If I lived in Sheffield and did bathrooms then I would only charge about £1140.

I am sure you can get it done cheaper but will it be as good?

The other alternative is to read up and do it yourself!

Tony

I'm doing a shower, wc, vanity, t/rail leave bath in and materials and labour so far upto 10k so it depends how long is a piece of string and how good a job you want, if you want a palace you've got to pay. It may sound expensive but its the expertease that your paying for & piece of mind. If in doubt get another quote then compare like for like.
All the best

Sponsored Links
You get what you pay for

Is the installer Part P registered

When you say you have bought everything does that include:

taps
waste(x2)
traps
pan connector
copper tube 15mm & 22mm
isolators
waste pipe (32mm & 40mm)
silicone sealant
15mm compression/end feed/yorks couplings/ elbows/tees as req
22mm as above
32mm & 40mm solventweld fittings
flux
solder
gas
earth bond straps & cable
screws/plugs
timber/board
rubble sacks - and arranged disposal of old sanitaryware

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back