Bathroom Quote

Thanks everyone. Just another question - he said he'd be using 'moisture resistant plasterboard'. He said he'd paint 'liquid rubber' over it to make it mould resistant. Will this keep the bathroom (no window) mould free? Or should I tell him to use cement board?

Sponsored Links
I paint moisture board with blue grit to aid tile adhesion... it's like pva with sharp sand in it... in fact I've often wondered if I should just get some pva and put sand in it as this stuff is not cheap!

Sponsored Links
By liquid rubber he means tanking the shower area. Definitely a good idea and I wouldn't do one without it. Agree with above that cement board best but done several in normal plasterboard and tanked without issue. It's not to do with mould, more to do with the shower not leaking when grout/silicone fails

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back