Quote for Bathroom refit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if this is the right place to ask but had a quote for my bathroom refit that came in at 2k not including the suite or tiles.

This is a small bathroom 6ft long by 6ft wide.

needs all tiles removed

artex to be skimmed - walls and ceiling

radiator removed and replaced

Floor to be sanded, sealed and lacquered

old suite removing and new suite fitted and new electric shower and shower head etc adding with new tap on sink and bath.

is this about average? how long would you expect this work to take?

i live in Harlow , Essex.

Sponsored Links
f it's any help, I paid around £3k for renovating a bathroom of roughly the same size. this included removal of old suite and installation of new suite, new electric shower (which involved upgrading some of wiring I think). room and floor all fully tiled. Price includes new suite shower, taps and tiles etc.

How long it took is another story as the person I employed was somewhat unreliable and kept disappearing for days at a time! I was very happy with the end result, though.

Sponsored Links
thanks for your help its really appreciated

just some simple advice was required not a stand up comedy act.

thanks for your help its really appreciated

just some simple advice was required not a stand up comedy act.

Can't help but agree with you. Makes me wonder what some of the professionals on here do when asked for a quote or an estimate for a job? Get their piece of string out?

im a novice, first time ive bought a house and have no clue about these things if im honest beside the basics which is why i was asking the question.

If its a stupid question id much rather be told that its not really possible or like the first reply i got which was helpful to know instead of something sarcastic and not remotely funny.

Its even worse if they are professionals and have the time to post pointless replies in diy forums. Id suggest they should try finding work and being helpful instead.

You need to chill out mate, no one has a crystal ball which allows them to see any of the hundreds of things that could effect the cost of what you're proposing. No one has been rude, just light hearted.
If you're unsure, invite someone else to price.

just wanted a ball park figure and a discussion about time scales. didnt expect to be met with a sarcastic comment thats all. We arent all tradesmen on here but its not the end of the world.

didnt expect a full breakdown of costs as im aware of how many things can be hidden under floorboards or when tiles are removed for example.

I have 2-3 other companies coming over so will work from that instead.

If you aren't sure on cost, invite 2 or 3 to call round, listen to what they say, see if they take an interest in what you want and go from there.
Not many tradesmen are interested in supplying sanitary ware nowadays because customers can match or beat the price and in doing so take the responsibility.
Have an idea of what sanitary ware you want, whether or not you want to do any of the work, e.g. scrapping ceilings, pulling tiles off etc and go from there.
Recommendation is the best method of finding someone, Id also say, don't necessarily go with the cheapest.

thank you thats really helpful information, ive got a couple more quotes to get done and then we can take it from there.

Thats it, you'll soon get a feeling of if you can work with someone, its important to feel comfortable with someone working in your house, if they've done a good job for someone else they will likely do the same for you.
Don't forget, if there is a massive void in prices, some lads are generally dirt cheap for a reason.

my most dreaded phrase from a customer when quoting is "can i just have a ball park figure" i never oblige as they always hold you to that price if your written quote comes in more but strangely they don't question it if it comes in less!

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but had a quote for my bathroom refit that came in at 2k not including the suite or tiles.

This is a small bathroom 6ft long by 6ft wide.

needs all tiles removed

artex to be skimmed - walls and ceiling

radiator removed and replaced

Floor to be sanded, sealed and lacquered

old suite removing and new suite fitted and new electric shower and shower head etc adding with new tap on sink and bath.

is this about average? how long would you expect this work to take?

i live in Harlow , Essex.

Absolutely spot on! This is not a price comparison site!

Regards

Alex:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back