Bathroom costs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I just wanted some opinions off people on what they thought was a reasonable price for an average 2m x 2m bathroom refit that is half tiled with a bath, mixer shower with glass screen, tiled floor, spot lights and an extractor fan and complete replaster.

The price does not include supply of the bathroom suite or tiles but includes all other materials and labour.

Sponsored Links
So complete re-build? All plaster stipped backed to studword/bricks? Plumbing taken back to two inlets? Bearing in mind that there will have to be a break in work for a couple of weeks for the plaster to go off...? Less that £10000000000000000000000000

Ask IronNaz - he'll do it for a tenner.

Sponsored Links
for god sake drop your attitiude pal!!

I am an installer and Ive quoted 2300 quid but they have had another quote for £1500 so I wanted to work out wether I was to expensive or wether that was to cheap!!!

There will always be people who quote less than you do. Don't join them in the race to the bottom - it's a race no one can win.

£1500 seems very cheap.

for god sake drop your attitiude pal!!

I am an installer and Ive quoted 2300 quid but they have had another quote for £1500 so I wanted to work out wether I was to expensive or wether that was to cheap!!!

Only you can answer that.

well ive worked out its gonna cost the best part of £400 on materials and £100 on fuel alone the price I quoted when you break it down seems realistic but then it makes you think if your not getting the work because your being undercut you have to do something

but then it makes you think if your not getting the work because your being undercut you have to do something

Don't loose sleep over it.
He's more likely cutting corners, and he'll be the one getting the out of hours phone calls due to his bad workmanship.

If your happy with your service you provide and price you charge then stick with it.

We can all keep cutting our prices and not earn nothing.

I can only presume they are willing to work for next to nothing or are gonna come onto the customer half way through the job for more money because they realise they have messed up on the pricing

Can be loads of reasons.
If they accept his quote then forget about the job. If it's a f*ck up they call you back. ;)

West Midlands eh? Someone quoting a ridiculously low price eh? Wonder if maybe, just maybe, you're competitor is someone else on here ;)

(£2300 sound perfectly reasonable an competitive for a complete refurb IMO, especially as you're either Part P compliant or subbing out to a spark anyway)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back