New Bathroom

cause it would if it's a descent size bathroom not a council estate matchbox.
the op's not stated yet if it mats included or not.

Sponsored Links

Majority of working class people live in 3-4 bed semi or detached houses. Bathrooms in such houses are not far apart in sizes from each other.

Obviously if you were to refit the bathroom in Buckingham palace, it would take a while. But let’s not be pathetic, we both know I was referring to an average size bathroom.

Majority of working class people live in 3-4 bed semi or detached houses. Bathrooms in such houses are not far apart in sizes from each other.

Obviously if you were to refit the bathroom in Buckingham palace, it would take a while. But let’s not be pathetic, we both know I was referring to an average size bathroom.

There is no longer a 'Working Class' in this country - apart from a few immigration slaves...the socio-economic group you are referring to is known as the 'Lower Middle Class'.

In my experience, small bathrooms can take as long or even longer to fit as larger ones. large areas of tiling / plastering / painting don't take long - it's the edges & corners that take time, plus you can't get many people working at one time in a small room.

straight away by your answer i can see you don't fit bathrooms for a living
all you know is a figure and a room nothing about how long he was told it would take
what type of tiles, square meterage, what type of shower is being fitted,
if it just a skim, downlighters is the room rcd protected or is this part of job, has their been a shower installed before or new pipework to be fitted, is it going into a hopper or a concealed stack pipe.

are mats included or is that just labour.
is it one/two men doing the lot or different trades

as the old saying go's can't see can't quote.

Sponsored Links
seco with your attitude you wouldnt even get through my front door I was merely giving the OP some usefull advice when dealing with tradesmen you cant be too carefull you know.

Tommy you' be suprised how much work's involved in a bathroom refit I would suggest when you find a plumber to do the work that you watch over his shoulder as much as possible he wont mind that you're taking a keen interest in the job, also if you think he's made a mistake dont be afraid to point it out immediately he'll thank you for it and after all if you dont tell him how will he ever know he's doing it wrong, dont be afraid to ask lots of questions like are you supposed to do it like that?,those tiles wont fall off will they? and how much longer will it take? if you follow these simple tips you and your plumber will get along fine and the job will run like clockwork. Hope this helps.

You are having a laugh. If you did that to me I would walk off the job. Find a plumber that has been recommended and then leave him alone to get on with the job FFS

Edit - I think I just bit, this has to be a wind up :rolleyes:

seco with your attitude you wouldnt even get through my front door I was merely giving the OP some usefull advice when dealing with tradesmen you cant be too carefull you know.

would he want to get through your front door

and it's asses like you that spawn all these crap tv shows :evil:

now have a poke at my attitude yaw'll :rolleyes:

would he wan't to get through you front door

and it's asses like you that spawn all these crap tv shows :evil:

now have a poke at my attitude yaw'll :rolleyes:

This markfxy is probably really Dominic Littlewood :LOL:

haha loving the posts guys !!!

to add a bit more info, im pricing the job for a customer and I think its gonna work out to that price once they have chosen the suit they want and tiles.

Im doing most the work myself with another tradesman and having an electrician in to do the sparks.

ripping old suit out and electric shower

reboarding walls and ceiling and skimming complete aprox room size 2.5x2.5

paint ceiling, glossing to door,new alctrave

replacing all pipework back to the boiler as still got 22mm from old system

concealed stack

tiled floor to ceiling and floors being tiled,

standard suite from eastbrook and shower is 700x700 resin base with glass square screen with mixer shower set in wall so new pipework in stud wall for that, (the price is based on the suite costing aprox 800 with the shower) not certan what they are going for yet!

all being boxed in behind toilet and sink and tiled so no pipe work on show

new towel rail

electrics,

3 down lighters one having built in extractor over shower( no extractor at present) ducting through loft space and vent through roof via a vent tile on pitched roof

no earth bonding so earth cable back to main board (bathrooms upstairs at back of house)

includes skip waste removal

all including materials

dont think ive forgot anything!

just didnt want to give the customer the price and them to think god thats expensive but not a lot i can do about it ive priced it as cheap as i possibly can.

how many days do you plan on ?
how much labour price do you plan on before paying spark and mate ?

You dont need to run supplimentary bonding cables back to the consumer unit.

ok cheers havent spoke to the electrician yet so wernt to sure, i reckon about 8 days labour for me and me mate £1800 then got electricians on top

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back