New bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would anyone be able to help please in the costing of a new bathroom?

This would be to remove old bath/sink/tiles/radiator/ceiling light and fit new shower bath with monobloc bath tap, shower (Mira minilite EV), vanity unit, ladder radiator, 3 downlights, extractor fan/light, tile (one and half walls and under window), fit shower door. Already have a new toilet fitted so this would not be needed and would not include flooring.

Have had quote of £6,675.00 - I was surprised that it was this much, but maybe am completely out of touch!

Any rough figures would be appreciated please.

Sponsored Links
OP- Pricing is one of, if not the most hated part of our job even when there's a chance of work.

Why anyone thinks people, who join a forum to share their technical knowledge, want to be used as a free estimators for ****all is beyond me.

I am sorry if I have offended anyone, just wanted a ball park figure because I honestly have no idea and do not have an infinite budget.

If I could get someone to actually come out and give an estimate I would, but having waited four weeks for the one quote I have got to come through the post and waiting in for others to not to even bother to turning up, I'm thinking it's not even worth bothering anyone else if £6,700 is the going rate for an average bathroom refit because this is out of my price range.

Sponsored Links
Ask friends or family for recommendations, or use your local paper.

Don't use the internet to find a tradesman. Once someone has been round to look at the job, wait until they send you a quote, if they don't then it means they do not want the job.

Hope this helps.

Andy

It's not about offending anyone. It's more about how futile these type of posts are considering;
No-one can see your job.
Anyone who advises a price isn't doing the work.
Anyone you try to bargain with will not be interested in prices you get here.
There is no going rate in a supply & demand free market activity - this is not the NHS or Post Office.

Worthy tips on offer are to those who can DIY their bathroom, helping them to make savings.

No-one here can enable you to get trades to work for you for less money.

Shop around and you'll get it for about half that. (if not less).

You really do need to get more quotes, you could save a few hundred but do get your quotes from recommended tradesmen. Do not use Internet recommendations.

Shop around and you'll get it for about half that. (if not less).

Just need to get whoever to halve the quote on Joe-90's say so, or get him to do it for you.

You're a heating engineer charging ninety quid an hour. The average bathroom fitter charges twenty. You do the sums. :rolleyes:

You're a heating engineer charging ninety quid an hour. The average bathroom fitter charges twenty. You do the sums. :rolleyes:

Don't tell me, I'm not doing the job, tell whoever the OP chooses. If you can't persuade them, offer the OP your services at £20/h.

You carry on ripping people off at ninety quid an hour. Viva the cartel.

Are you going to find the OP someone to do their bathroom, as decribed, for the price you've quoted? If not, your words of advice aren't worth the space they take up on the forum.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back