ok to block vent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have no gas fire just radiators, I have a terrible draught coming though vent in living room is it ok to block just during the cold spell....

Sponsored Links
These vents were there to serve either an open fire or perhaps a gas fire with a back boiler which drew their combustion air from inside the room.
If these appliances are no longer there, the vent can go.
John :)

cheers for that, the property did have a back boiler and gas fire originally. (y)

Too little ventilation can lead to damp and mold, so better to reduce vent rather than remove.

Sponsored Links
hi yes thanks for info I have just blocked it with towel due to this cold weather soon as it warms up a bit I will take it off I just wanted to make sure now having blocked it

For sure, there's no huge hole in my lounge wall, and never will be..... These vents were for combustion purposes and were a requirement courtesy of the heating systems used long ago.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back