old bathroom pipework needs updating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
I have recently bought a 1961 council bungalow in th u.k. that is in need of a bathroom update. The old taps and water pipes are a mess and wondered if it could be modernised. {Please See Pics} as you can see the pipes go half way up the wall. I am wanting to install something like a Ideal Standard Tempo Vertical Outlet close coupled toilet and want a bottom inlet pipe to the cistern. can the pipes be updated? and what would it cost for a pumber to do the pipework and fit the toilet and sink? i am in the uk. thanks

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 45
Sponsored Links
It is a relatively simple job to plumb in a new wc and cut out all the unwanted pipework and you would be best getting in 2 or 3 local recommended plumbers to quote for you.

Pipework isn't an issue but the soil pipe outlet may be, given its location in the floor. You may be hard pressed to find a close coupled toilet with an S trap/floor exit that will be that far from the wall and still have the cistern tight to the wall. Time to take some measurements and see if anything will fit.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back