Old boiler and central heating problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK just want to know if this is about right...

I have an old boiler with a digital timer attached, i have the timer currently set to ALL DAY mode so the water is constantly being heated up i think? and the temp on the boiler is currently at 50c.

Downstairs in my living room I have my thermostat set at 25c and the radiators are coming on slowly.

So does this sound right what i have them set to? Do i need my timer on ALL DAY mode to keep the house at a warm temperature and will it also let me for example run a bath properly without the radiators going off for hours?

Any help appreciated, Thanks.

Sponsored Links
It might help us if you told us a bit more about your boiler and system. 50 deg on boiler is not enough.

OK, what info would be useful? Also what temp is good for the boiler?

Thanks

Make and model of boiler, controls etc

Sponsored Links
When you say that you have turned the thermostat up to70 deg, is that on the Boiler (white appliance) Pic 1 or the Hot Water Cylinder (Foam Lagged Cylinder) Pic 2

Ah, that will be my partner, I didnt know it was this forum she was on though. It is really stressing us both out.

I didnt know there was 2 seperate temperatures, one for water and on for heating? I turned it up to 70c on the actual boiler.

Ok so after reading that thread, and looking at the timer itself, I still dont know how to select hot water OR central heating, there is nothing on the timer that says anything about water or heating. Its just times and days and modes?

I think that you need to work through the instructions on Page 2 of the manual, setting the times when you'd like your Central Heating and Hot Water on, day by day. When you've finished programming, press Run.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back