Old Bosch washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Long story. We have had a Logixx 8 for some 13 years and never had a problem until now. It came up with F42 and an engineer visited and changed the brushes. He broke one but I managed to solder the connection.

All was well for three washes. Then the rcd circuit blew. On re setting the washing machine 'goes through the motions' but the drum hardly moves. It fills and empties OK. I've checked the brushes and they are OK.

So the question is what has happened? My guess is that a board needs replacing. A Bosch call out plus parts is likely to cost £2 to 300 plus VAT. For a 13 year old machine or am I better off putting it towards a new one?

One machine I have noticed is Ebac. I am drawn to it because most of the cost stays in the UK but it is a new name to me. Reviews give a down on the delivery and installation but do you have any opinions on its quality and durability?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the heating element may be faulty. Tripped rcd initially, now won't raise water temp so motor does not run.

Sponsored Links
Hi, does the rcd trip immediately you switch it on or after around 10-20 minutes?.... I ask 'cos the water heating element doesn't get switched on straight away, so if the rcd blows immediately it probably isn't the element. However, with that model, the drum supports (known as a spider) have been known to break, which results in the drum dropping at the 6 O clock position which is where the heating element is, so that when the drum is spinning, it contacts the element and saws into it which exposes the innards which results in the rcd blowing. So it might be that..... Open the door and grip the drum at the top and see if you can lift it - has it got movement in it - rotate the drum and check again in several drum positions - it shouldn't have any movement independent of the outer drum.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back