Old cavity wall insulation - possible bridging

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
My 1980's bungalow had insulation pumped into it as part of what I understand was a government scheme a few years ago (I think they are bringing it back out again??). Over the years it seems to get damp spots on the ceilings and walls and I never really thought anything of it apart from trying to ventilate the place more which in the winter is very tricky given how wet it is.

It wasnt until I read an article about someone who believed that the pumping of this insulation either incorrectly or over time has become defunct was the reason they got the damp that I started to investigate my problem. Someone came to check from a company who installs these PIV systems and saw a temperature drop on wall in the areas that had the issues. I have checked with CIGA who have a guarantee on my house but wanted to see if anyone who had\has similar problems has got anywhere with this or is it a lost cause?

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back