old copper 23mm pipe?

I have come across this 'heavy' weight too, both in 1/2" and 3/4. 1/2" easily sorted by using 16 mm fitting. 3/4 is a challenge for the elbow and bastard file :D

Somewhere I have the fittings too for both sizes.

Sponsored Links
Agile the pipes were located in side the building but on the external solid wall. I phoned him a bit ago to see how he got on and he came to your conclusion Agile that the pipes had expanded when he compared one of the old fitting with a new fitting and they were the same size. So another gold star for you Agile and thanks for all the replies.

I do not know what 20 thread is
It was a thick-walled copper that could be threaded (a Whitworth thread IIRC). Compression and endfeed adaptors are available.
Can't remember what the ODs were.

Sponsored Links
Just catching up on old thread but it's relevant to me. Had same problem with bath feeds under bath. Took my pipe to local supplier ol boy in shop said it was an old french size, 23.5mm. Had to use a Phil mac variable stop for alko pipe as 22mm fittings nowhere near just thought I'd share it in case useful to anyone else.

Hi Nige f no nothing on it. Further down the line it has prestex 22mm fittings on the cold side. The hot side cant tell as theres years of paint on couplings. Nowhere near a freezing zone tho as in bathroom under bath. Wonder if hot can 'swell' slightly over the decades?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back