Old gas utilities in way

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

We're in the middle of a part self build extension and come to light we'd need to reposition the svp to avoid an awkward pipe run through the new roof.

Dug out the ground to where rhe groundsworkers have placed the drain run to reposition the svp.

On digging out thought I was in luck as the inspection chamber side inlet would have been good to place the new rest 90 into but looks like there are two old original metal utility pipes running across just where I'd need to place one right under the other and not quite enough for pipe between and if I went under think I'd be too low for the main sewer drain (yellow)

Without taking out the metal pipes any ideas of how to get around it? I'm happy to move the inspection chamber further away to allow the sweep to pass over it.

Black is position of new svp, yellow at bottom is clay pipe to sewer, purple is the metal utilities.

Attachments

• 20211010_090733.jpg
    20211010_090733.jpg
    375.4 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I can’t see the metal utility pipes, so unable to confirm anything. Depending where the utilities run, are you not able to position the svp where the spade is on that wall, and connect further down?

Hey @CBW

Yeah think that might work, I'll do a bit more digging to see if there are any others in the way.

I've circled the pipe on new pic

Attachments

• 20211010_090733.jpg
    20211010_090733.jpg
    369.9 KB · Views: 54

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back