Old house fluctuating pressure, shower groans, tapswhistling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hullo,

There must be someone on here who can help me... I didnt really notice the problem till I installed a Cold feed electric shower and OMG does it groan as the pressure fluctuates.. Now I thought it was the Shower but I noticed the taps whistle on and off and If I connect a sprinkler for my Garden to the outside tap it fluctuates from nothing to coating my next door neighbours clothes!! exageration heh .. Its a Combi System btw but that has nothing to do with the cold feed whistlling as far as Im concerned...

Help its an old Town house in Cardiff, what do I do? A pressure regulator or something or do I ask the water board? Help!!!!

Thanks for any comments

Sponsored Links
One other thing.....

I checked and its a Mira electric sports shower meant to be connected directly to cold feed...

Sure,, ask your water supplier what pressure you'd expect for your postcode.

I'm not sure if you're sying that the pressure fluctuations are as as result of you turmnong taps on in the house, or do they just happen?

Could be you share a supply with a neighbour or two. You may find all the pressure loss is in the pipe between the road and your house . (The "Communication" pipe). You could invest in a water pressure gauge for a tenner - fixes to a washing machine tap or outside tap.

A new water mian may be the answer :(

Cool nice one...

Well Id expect pressure to fluctuate when you switch on several taps, but mine does it all on its own with one tap!. So I need to contact my local water suppier eh?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
AS I said you might find you share a supply pipe with others. So their taps may affect yours. Not the water authority's problem if the pipes are all on private land.

Water mains(in the road) pipes do not fluctuate in pressure over a very short period.

Talk to your neighbours and do some tests.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back