Old Pantile Roof join with New Pantile Roof what is the right method ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone, I'm hoping someone can shed some light on my Roof joining dilemma.
My semi was built in 1929 and the roof is pantiled but the other half of the semi is being done up and they have fitted a new roof with modern pantiles with in-built sarking. A join has been inserted between them using a square roll and 5 single sheets of aluminium fixed at the top end and free at the bottom end where it covers the next sheet down
I have been told that over time the sheets will lift/buckle because the free end is not clipped in place and there will be leaks which on my side of the roof will be a problem as my old pantiles have no sarking. I have been told the standard method uses a bulbous roll with two sheets and a clip that holds the two in place together like is shown in Fig. 147 and 148 in the page here.
My question is is the standard method just a reference method nobody uses in practice or should the join been have done using this method and the way it has been actually done is poor practice ?
Any light that can shed on this would be appreciated.
Many thanks in advance for your help.
John

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back