Old Puma 80e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could anyone help please. I have an old Potterton Puma 80e, which seems to lose pressure pretty quick, I noticed that the pressure was below the red line yesteday evening. so I topped it up to 2. 5 and turned the central heating on for 2 hours. Then I had to go out, so turned it off. By the time I came home again, about 4 hours later, the pressure was back down below the red line. Help please!!!

Sponsored Links
check whether the pressure releif pipe, should be through the wall near the boiler, is dripping - when boiler is heating and when not heating.
if its not dipping there is a leak on the system.

pressure when cold should be between 1 and 1.5 NOT 2.5

If it drips only when heating up the the expansion vessel is failed or discharged.

However its cold outside, so just watch the pressure guage over the 15 minutes as it heats up from cold to see if the pressure increases more than about 0.5 Bar from a starting pressure of 1.5 Bar cold.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hello, back again,
checked the pressure this morning, it was 1.5 so switched heating on. the pressure rose to upper red limit within an hour. So switched off the heating. The pressure dropped to just below 1. In an hour ish I then checked outside and there was water in a cup that i put underneath the pipe. (about an inch). I then decided to check all over again, and basically the same thing happened again. What do you all think. Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back