Old window undated in new extension? + fees tables

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Think I know what the BCO is going to say, but anyway...

I am about to have a builder erect a small extension 3mx4m L shaped 2 walls, flat roof to join with an existing flat roofed extension built in the 1970's.
I wanted to move the existing kitchen d/glazed unit to the wall of the new extension but as its a Feb 2002 window its not dated, will they make me change the glass or refuse the complete window?

As the existing extension roofing has managed to last near 40yrs its time that was refelted and made to be part of the new extension roof, looks like I need to have that one broght up to modern standards by making it a warm roof. The existing patio doors in the old extension are only single glazed, am I likely to be asked to change those as well while this work is going on?
The work is around 12K, is this one fee to LA BC under table 3 or am I in for table 2 10-40sq m and an extra fee for the glazing?
I guess the drain alterations and electrical work by part P sparks is also in the one fee?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back