OMEGA PERIODIC PROBLEM

B

batt45

Hey....Have a 97 Omega 2.0 16v select manual transmission. Great car still goes through m.o.t. first time...Recently though, when coming to a holt and the revs are allowed to drop, it cuts out.

This only happens if the car engine is really warm then i stop for say an hour or so then start it up again. If the engine just keeps going it seems fine. Problem only seems to occur when car is allowed to cool for a while????

Engine management light does pop on but only for a few seconds. Fuel consumption still seeems fine and performance is still great.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Would not even consider a repair myself just would like some info so i know what my garage is on about and to compare notes....Many thanks all

Sponsored Links
my advice to you is to take it to a non-dealer with a diagnostic machine to read what fault codes are being read, should cost about an hours labour, even though it will take 10 mins, but it`ll point you in the right direction, could be manifold pressure sensor, air flow meter or something like that....

Sponsored Links
Back