zafira problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

I have just bought a 55 plate zafira 2.2 16v petrol.
The yellow engine light keeps coming on when driving but car still drives fine and goes out if you restart it.there is no error codes showing up either on the pedal test.
The other thing is the fuel consumption is horrendous like 15mpg.

Can anyone help please?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Ok just an update

I was driving and after about 1min the yellow car with a spanner light came on again but car seemed fine then about 2mins later this light went out and the yellow exhaust emission light came on and the car noticeably didn't run right. This light is also not going out if I restart unlike the other.
I have done pedal test which is showing ecn119152 and ecn030101. My obd shows code p0301 I think it was a missfire it said.

Please someone help I've just bought bar and my previous one I was stitched up big time surely not agai1n.

Yes P0301 is a misfire in the cylinder next the front pulley, number 1. Might be just a spark plug or the coil pack (more likely) gone faulty. It/they will need replacing and hopefully all will be well.

Hi thanks so much for the reply.
So could that be causing the terrible fuel consumption as well?

Sponsored Links
Yes, hopefully try not to drive/run the engine while it is missing. Not easy to do

did you buy this from a dealer or was it a private sale?
if dealer take it back and get them to sort out the problems.

Apparently the other code p1191 is a fuel pump problem and I've been told by vauxhall there was a recall on this so if it's the fuel relay? (I think he said) its free of charge but if it's the pump itself it will not be covered.

The chances of the relay sitting down will be slim, so he is lining you up for a bill. The pumps do give trouble. Get an exact price for both scenarios before he starts work.
If in doubt get another quote for the same work, from a small garage. Remember, they don't have to be main dealers to do good work.

http://www.z22se.co.uk/forum/threads/z22yh-p1191-fault-code.10742/

That is what's worrying me he already said if it's not that I will have to pay the £75 just for the diagnostic. The other thought I'm having is that surely if there is a problem with the pump would I not be seeing some symptoms ie trouble starting or poor acceleration?. I have none the car starts and drives lovely despite the light being on constantly.

for that money by op-com and do the check you self ( same as vx tech)
and if buying from vx join VXON and use for trade club prices, or if in VX for repair have a look for the masterfit service club up to 25% discount.

check plugs and then change coil pack, reset faults. VX will know if the recall has been carried out

Hi just wanted to update you. Turns out the recall on the fuel regulator (not relay) expired in march so even though it was never done on my car it can no longer be done for free. So anyway I tried some new plugs in thought I would start with the cheapest option and hey it seems to be running a dream now.
So thanks everyone for your help

Hi just wanted to update you. Turns out the recall on the fuel regulator (not relay) expired in march so even though it was never done on my car it can no longer be done for free. So anyway I tried some new plugs in thought I would start with the cheapest option and hey it seems to be running a dream now.
So thanks everyone for your help

really then that sucks,
when i 1st bought my old mk1 ford galaxy i had it checked at my local fords and even though it was well out of warranty by LOTS OF YEARS,it flagged up a recall on the break master cylinder and that was change F.O.C .

dunno if there is a dedicated zaffy forum,there wasnt when i had 1.
but perhaps join a vauxhall forum and ask there for some feedback,also maybe try asking at a different dealer,they may be more helpful.

Sponsored Links
Back