Omnicron 7000

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I purchased a burglar alarm system from Wickes in November 1992 and installed it myself in a 4 bedroom house. I have PIR's in 5 locations on the ground floor and 1 on the first floor.
Since installation all that has been needed was two new batteries! Recently however the Omnicron 7000 panel has developed a fault whereby the 24 hour light will not go away and the alarm cannot be set.
Any useful comments would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
you have a tamper on it, check following panel lid, detetor lids if its the A1 pirs with the rubbish pin and metal leaf tamper, and bell box if its the old C type prone for water ingress.

2 Batteries.

Try another.
Not the greatest going, it does rot. Hence the constant replacements of components.
May be a good idea to have a little spend on the property if you want something reliable in the future.

Sponsored Links
Omnicron 7000 is a great alarm. I have only gone through two batteries and it still works fine and I'd rather trust this product then any other badly manufactured modern day wireless alarm. The problem you are experiencing is a failure of mains power to top up the battery. Either the internal fuse has gone on the Omni or the circuit supplying the Omni is failed. When you restore external power the 24 light will switch off. I am not sure how long you can operate without the external power but my guess is that the battery will last a long time since the Omni hardly consumes any current.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back