One Coat Emulsion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well peeps, i have in the past given my views on one coat emulsions. Well a nightmare scenrio recently. What it was is i gave a cieling a coat of vinyl matt emulsion over an existing one coat painted cieling. Guess what happened ? Well the one coat emulsion started to blister all over the cieling, but only when the vinyl matt was applied over it. Also the blisters did not go away. What i had to do is dry scrape the lot of the one coat emulsion off the cieling which was previously applied over vinyl silk. SO BE WARNED PEEPS....................................... I SEE A NIGHTMARE ON THE WAY WITH ALL ONE COAT EMULSIONS ETC.................

Sponsored Links
Third eye, how do you know it was one coat that was applied previously and vinyl silk before that.Is this in your own house :confused:

Sponsored Links
The owner of the house told me they painted cieling with vinyl silk (over matt emulsion), then coated over the vinyl silk with one coat emulsion. Yes, you can spot one coat emulsion due to the cutting in brush lines & roller splatter effect it leaves. Also, all one coat emulsions start to crack around radiators at a later date. With many years of experience also you get to know what most paints are like i.e. you end up knowing if a paint is matt or vinyl matt or vinyl soft sheen or vinyl silk or acrylic eggshell or kitchen & bathroom emulsion etc..........................NB One coat emulsion is to thick for being an emulsion due to many reasons, therefore stop using it folks or ya all will end up with problems in the near future.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back