one flat with lots to do..........

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1 bedroom apartment. Needs a full redec, walls, coving, ceiling, all woodwork. Needs a deep clean and completely degreased: everything.
The removal of a few items of heavy furniture and laminate flooring : and to top it off : carpet the lounge, bedroom and hall : grand total £887.94. I think thats a fair price; any views?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
sounds way too cheap...

the total price is almost what i would charge to strip/line/paint one room to a high finish (in London).

Have you seen their work before?

Surely the laminate and carpet isn't included in this price?

Regardless, any bloke that works at these rates is no tradesman.

Surely the laminate and carpet isn't included in this price?

Regardless, any bloke that works at these rates is no tradesman.

It is in Cleveland, so the workers are probably young children who are happy to take a break from going down pit and chiseling coal out with their teeth. And the carpet will be woven from the hair of poor people i.e. northerners.

I'm joking, or at least trying to. It does sound cheap.

It is a small apartment
lounge 19ft x 10ft
bedroom 19ft x 7ft
hallway is a box!!
The laminate flooring was badly fitted anyway, and in parts it can be just ripped up, no problem at all. Everything will be binned so in terms of labour, probably a few hours.
Degrease kitchen, which shouldn't take long.
The colour scheme is awful, almost nicotine colour; but I like the polycell undercoat, then a contract matt magnolia finish. all woodwork prepd with an acrylic primer then a gloss finish...4 doors
cheap beige type colour carpet @ £3 sq m. If memory serves me correctly about £125 to buy. Believe it or not all carpet grippers, underlay and sonic all still in situ!!

I think it's reasonable price!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back