One for BG guys

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How many calls are expected to be carried out in one shift chaps & are all vans tracked??
Cheers guys..... ;)

Sponsored Links
Things have changed recently, the focus is now on getting the job done right, not in the fastest time possible. However for planning work in the office allow about a hour per job

Things have changed recently, the focus is now on getting the job done right, not in the fastest time possible. However for planning work in the office allow about a hour per job

So are you saying one guy will be allocated 8 jobs per day Mike??

Not really, jobs that are booked in get allocated as and when the next local guy is available so in theory there should only be 1 job lined up for anyone.
Parts jobs are a bit different, they have to be lined up to, usually, the engineer that ordered it.

Sponsored Links
Not really, jobs that are booked in get allocated as and when the next local guy is available so in theory there should only be 1 job lined up for anyone.
Parts jobs are a bit different, they have to be lined up to, usually, the engineer that ordered it.

Thanks Mike, so on average how many jobs would someone visit per day?
Granted, parts will be ordered for some jobs & they'll be incomplete.

Personally i do 4or 5. Today however it was just 1. But to be fair it was getting floors up and finding blockages!

Average is 7-8 breakdowns a day depending on what you get lumped with.
The office allocate 58 minutes per breakdown and 37 minutes per service.

And yes every van is tracked, and the laptops monitored for enroute, arrival and end of job.

The only reason focus has been moved away from "output" targets is because there is not enough work to fill a day. Guys In my area who cover an area 5miles long by 5 miles wide generally are being sent over an hour away in their droves recently to find some work to do and a high focus on sales (are/SM dependant I know)

IF buisness picks up or we get a cold winter you can bet your ar$e quality goes out the window and in the words of my old SM "chap as many doors as you can" lol

The only reason focus has been moved away from "output" targets is because there is not enough work to fill a day. Guys In my area who cover an area 5miles long by 5 miles wide generally are being sent over an hour away in their droves recently to find some work to do and a high focus on sales (are/SM dependant I know)

IF buisness picks up or we get a cold winter you can bet your ar$e quality goes out the window and in the words of my old SM "chap as many doors as you can" lol

Focus on sales Eh! Could you be more focussed on sales SG?? Aye well, I guess there'll be 100s more OAPs ripped off for a new unessary boiler or Powerflush...... :LOL: :LOL:

I hope it's naw yur Granny??!!

Focus on sales Eh! Could you be more focussed on sales SG?? Aye well, I guess there'll be 100s more OAPs ripped off for a new unessary boiler or Powerflush...... :LOL: :LOL:

Wait till yeh start with the Hydro ;) Then you'll see what focused on sales really is :D :D :D :D :D

Wait till yeh start with the Hydro ;) Then you'll see what focused on sales really is :D :D :D :D :D

I'm no starting with anyone fella..... :LOL:
My big pal is high up the tree in the Hydro & he'd get me a management job with them in a heart beat. But I couldnt work in middle management, couldn't be ar.ed with the backstabbing & BS!!

Aberdeen eh, now there a place where you can make good money as a gas engineer. I've another pal who's always looking for engineers for Aberdeen.
He says the local guys are too busy sheep shaggin to work.... :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back