One for Mottie (other replies welcome.)

Sponsored Links
If Volvo says no to the 17" wheels and you fit them regardless, as said in case of a serious accident your insurance will be a pain.
Stick to what Volvo tells you and keep a printed record of it, just in case.

If Volvo says no to the 17" wheels and you fit them regardless, as said in case of a serious accident your insurance will be a pain.
Stick to what Volvo tells you and keep a printed record of it, just in case.
I thought they had said it was okay - in post #27?

Sponsored Links
I thought they had said it was okay - in post #27?

'They' is a page on the website. The "No" camp are the mechs in the Volvo dealership, and I think they just took the easy route and said no. I'm waiting on 'Volvo central' to confirm or deny the web page. I fully expect them to never reply. Ho hum.

If you go by the webpage, take a screenshot of it and save it on your pc.
Print it as well, you never know, one day it might save a lot of hassle.

How does the huge market in "aftermarket" wheels exist? Surely you just declare it to your insurer (winter wheels), like I did with my tuning box/smoke belcher.

How does the huge market in "aftermarket" wheels exist? Surely you just declare it to your insurer (winter wheels), like I did with my tuning box/smoke belcher.
It's a matter of size.
If you look in your manual you'd find what size wheels you can fit.
Anything different from that and you're in a grey area.

Ask Volvo Customer Services for a copy of the EU Certificate of Conformity for that car (unless you already have one). That (Item 35 and maybe some additional alternatives in Item 52) should list every wheel and tyre combination that has been type approved for that actual car. (The certificate will have your car's unique 17 character VIN on it). That's the definitive legal document. Next best place (as already mentioned) is the handbook, but that can be tricky, as many handbooks cover multiple variants and versions of the car, so you need to be careful to ensure that what's listed, actually relates to your specific car.

Sponsored Links
Back