One for the Experts - Motorised Valve Wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just had a Drayton TA/M4 valve replaced with a Honeywell V4073A........My plumber doesn't do the wiring....
Problem is not only is it a different colour code, the old valve used a relay box which I have to take out.
I've sort of got things working but the hot water is not being turned off by the cylinder stat, nor will the heating run alone(should it?). :confused: :cry:

HEEELLP!!! Cabby

Sponsored Links
I'll look it up later but when replacing the honeywell relay valves for a new on you need to swap common and 1 in the cylinder stat.

Thanks mate, it's a drayton CS1 (Brown, Blue and Earth).
Any info you can give me on wiring the Honeywell in would be great as I'm burning the midnight oil on this one and keep getting nowhere.
I'm beginning to wish I'd replaced like with like :oops:

Sponsored Links
Thanks Oilman.
I think my problem here is that I have fitted the Honeywell V4073A midi in to a system that was completely Drayton (Flowshare plan 5.....I think)
acl Lifestyle LS722 Programmer;
RTC Room Stat;
CS1 Cylinder Stat;
If only I could find a wiring diagram specific to this situation I think I'd have a better chance of sorting it.
I should have put all this info in my original post, sorry chaps.

Don't worry about the specific bits, with the exception of the valve, as the pin connections are a standard format, and programmers can be swapped by just unplugging one and plugging the repalcement.

Full wiring diagram is on the Honeywell site for their valve - you should be able to work out which thermostat pins are for "call for heat " etc.

Thanks for the advice Oilman and co.
No joy so far. I spoke to Honeywells helpline(as well as checking their site) and they told me there is no direct cross reference wiring recomendation to wire this valve into this system and to rewire the whole system as a Y plan!!!!!
As for standardised programmer connections........my box is like this:

N L 1 2 3 4

Term 1 is spare

None of my diagrams show this config....(even the originals)....Although my Drayton flowshare Plan 5 has been working fine for years.....I think.
AAAaaargh!!!

Why does it always rain on me.....is it because I lied when I was seventeen? :LOL: :cry: :LOL: :cry:

honeywell y plans are very easy to wire up. you will be able to use all your existing wiring but will need a 10 way junction box

go here

your programmer is very easy to adapt from the one shown on honeywell site.

LS722 HONEYWELL

N = NEUTRAL
L = LIVE
1 = HW OFF
2 = NOT USED
3 = HW ON
4 = CH ON

give more details on room + cyl stat and they can also be easily adapted

Thanks Galwag.
Cylinder stat was Drayton CS1 but I've bought a new Drayton HTS3 so I'll use that.
Room stat is a Drayton RTC.

I've had another go and everthing is firing up but water is not flowing through the valve it seems until I move it to manual and then it gets real hot, real fast.
Even the AB port doesn't get hot until then........my wiring or has my experimenting damaged the valve?
I'm gonna rip it all out and start again!!!!!!
Thanks for the link, I'll try that wiring diagram. :eek: :LOL: :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back