One Pipe system heating Prob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The pump and valves need replacing on my single pipe heating system, but it's been put into a small space next to the boiler. Only ball valves will fit and one is leaking, but I don't like ball valves.

Only answer is to move the pump to a pipe which takes the water from the downstairs rads to the upstairs, flow is vertical upward, plenty of space to fit decent gate valves.

Would it be a prob on this type of system if I put the pump in the middle of it? I'm hoping as long as it's got a flow it'll be ok. Anyone any experience/advice it's be great. Only had the house 12 months and not used to this type of system.

Sponsored Links
Pump has to go where the old one is. Unless you want to re-pipe the system and boiler.

Pump has to go where the old one is. Unless you want to re-pipe the system and boiler.

We're repiping the whole lot into a feed and return system in the summer so I want to do this job as cheaply and easily as possible, plus the pump that's gone is pumping the flow down into the underfloor downstairs pipework which might explain why it's failed and why it looks a lot newer than the rest of the system (probably goes regularly I think).

Thanks for the advice, I dont want to fit a new pump to a bad installation but from what you've put it's the only way to keep warm for the next few months.

Sponsored Links
Would need to see pics, you have to be careful how you modify them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back