One pipe system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I'm going to be changing a one pipe CH system to a two pipe system. It's an S plan so i'm not going to be changing any of the controls.

Is it fairy straight forward in that I need to install the new pipework, and then tee back into the return to the boiler?

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Not too sure about the fairy but it is pretty fairly straight forward adding on secondary return.
Pete

Fluffster said:
Not too sure about the fairy but it is pretty fairly straight forward adding on secondary return.
Pete

Secondary return fluffster :rolleyes: I don't think so ;)

Sponsored Links
benjamin31 said:
Is it fairy straight forward in that I need to install the new pipework, and then tee back into the return to the boiler?
Could you explain what you mean by "install the new pipework"?

I ask because if you know how, and where, to install the pipework, you would know the answer to your question.

There are two main ways to do it, you have to draw out a semi scale sketch of your abode to work out which is going to be easier.

You can run one flow pipe (which could be mostly the old single pipe) and another for the return

Or, use "reversed return" configuration, where you use one end of the old single pipe for the return. It's better in that the lengths of pipe to each radiator are more equal.
RevRetandConv.gif

Doesn't matter much which way you go. I always find it's surprising how little extra pipe you need to add.

I think you might need a scribble....
old one pipe is black, pipe used for flow has red dashes, return blue, white means remove it. Solid is new pipe:

onepipetotwopipe.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back