One rad hot (nearest boiler) - all others cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Cent. heat and hot water system is a fairly old conventional type with a simple cast iron vented boiler, pump and honeywell motor valve and was working perfectly. However, after doing a small repair to the central heating vent pipe, which involved draining a small amount from the boiler, I re-started the system. The hot water circuit works OK, but the Central Heating only works on one radiator (the nearest to the boiler). All other rads are cold but have been bled - and seem to have no more air left in them. I've bled the pump and the cistern and ball cock are working OK. What else can I do to get the other rads hot? Many thanks for any responses.

Sponsored Links
tyurn off all but one radiator (one that isn't working). and see if that suddenly starts working.

then switch one at a time on (except the one nearest the boiler) until they are all working. then switch on the last one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back