rads cold on one floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'll try and keep this as brief as possible.

My central heating was making some weird and whacky noises for a while so i was told about a way of cleaning out dirt and metallic rubbish using some sort of power flush system. So i had my central heating flushed by a recommended plumber using this system along with chemicals he ran through the pipe work. He also fitted a small magnet system (Sentinel Eliminator) to the pipes next to the boiler to filter any future rubbish out.

I believe my system is vented. Hot water tank is on the ground floor. Pump is next to hot tank . Pump is a grundfos 15-60. Boiler is on 2nd floor. Cold water tank is in the loft.

Plumber came and did his power flush.... The system ran silently for 24 hours. About 36 hours after the clean out i had to bleed the rads over and over to get any heat into them. Several days later i noticed the rads on the very top floor were stone cold. Not just a tad warm with an obvious air lock but colder than the inside of my fridge.
Of all the radiators in the property.. Some are nice and warm. Some are tepid and a couple have absolutely no heat in them whatsoever.

The hot water coming from the taps is now hotter than the surface of the sun!
I have bled all rads over and over but no air comes out of any. Just water.
I have bled the pump itself but no air comes out.

Any help greatly appreciated.

thnx

Sponsored Links
It does sound as if proper balancing is required.

I can never understand why anyone would do power flushing without including proper balancing.

Presumably it is because customers like to choose the cheapest quote even if it does not include essentials.

So why have you not contacted the guy who did the power flushing? Or is he not answering the phone since he was paid?

Tony

First thing I did was contact the guy who flushed the system but he can't get out to me for several weeks. He's not local to me.

He actually wasn't the cheapest quote I had but came recommended. Anyway ... I guess I'll read up on balancing my system and give that a crack. Many thanks for the feedback.

Have you checked the water level in the head tank in the loft? Is the water supply turned off or the ball cock tied up?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back