ongoing problem with Baxi Bermuda 51/5 boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Me again. I posted yesterday saying that I couldn't get the indicator light to turn on on our boiler. However got it started and lit after leaving the whole system off for about 20 minutes.

Unfortunately after about 5 minutes of the boiler being lit and working it then turns itself off and th eindicator light goes out again!

I have got it restarted 3 or 4 times now and it still switches itself off. Does anyone know if there is a simple solution to this? Is it some sort of trip switch?

Help please! It had it's last Warmfront service about 3-4 weeks ago and I can't speak to anyone there until Monday.

Thanks in advance for any help
sharif

Sponsored Links
sounds like power to boiler is being cut, in which case I would suspect fault with motorised valve.

might help to have more info on system and what exactly you turn off for 20 mins.

not sure exactly what info you need but I'll list what I can (I'm not to clued up on the ins and outs of a CH system!):

-The boiler is the Baxi one stated. Two years old back boiler installed by Warmfront
-Seem to have a Grundos Alpha+ pump next to the water tank in the airing cupboard, which also has the CH control panel (which has power going to it). Pump doesn't seem to make any noise when the CH is turned on, even when the boiler is working breifly.

Need any more info to help us out? Really not sure what to state!! Appreciate any help.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the pump is possibly stuck or not modulating correctly. Turning off for 20 mins could be enough time for the boiler to cool from overheat.

Bermudas with fire front have a 3 year Baxi warranty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back