online kitchen suppliers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking for good quality, online supplier for a new kitchen. I noticed diy kitchen com has been mentioned a few times on these forums. They do have a huge range, but what are they like? Their prices seem very reasonable as well. Any other suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Well unless you want to start shipping your kitchen from the USA I'd look elsewhere!

I was very pleased with this company I used them just for doors but they do supply cabinets too.
Well worth a look.
http://www.kitchendoorworkshop.co.uk/

As for quality it depends what you are after, trouble with on line is you are unable to see the products (the above company have a showroom but it was all doors, I didn't see any cabinets, but then I never asked about them) B&Poo I would not give the time of day to or Wickes, would certainly look for pre assembled units if buying on line like Magnet do, they tend to be stiffer and more sturdy.

Sponsored Links
I think the website referred to is diy-kitchens.com, which is a UK based company and you can visit them, although it will be a bit of a trek from Somerset to Pontefract.

there are some appalling rogues in the kitchens trade, at least one of whom has been to prison but is still trading under various names.

So check your preferred supplier online and at Companies House to see how long they have been trading under that exact name, and if the directors have a history of trading in similar companies that have gone bust.

I've just spent a couple of days pricing up my 15 unit kitchen from DIY Kitchens and have been quite pleased with what I've seen on the website. The missus is also glad to be able to choose a colour for the doors from the Farrow & Ball palette for a fairly small additional cost. The original design was in a Linwood style and in Cornflower Blue but when the sample arrived its too close to grey for us. I worked out the cost of changing to a Langham one which are one of the ones you can have painted any colour, and it only came in £350 dearer. When the original bill was going to be £5500 for 15 units and the required plinths, cornices, end panels and such I don't mind paying that much extra for a wider colour selection.

Though the Langham doors are Ash rather than Oak like the Linwood ones. An Oak option is available.

I've got Howdens coming round on Tuesday for a measure up and my builder is just passing the quote straight to me since I'm fitting it. We like the Tewksbury Blue one in their range but frankly the unit options is a bit crap in my opinion. We'll see how is ends up.

Incidentally. DIY Kitchens have their 10% sale on at the moment and just extended it until the end of Monday. I messaged them and asked them to extend it to the end of October and they just said contact them when I'm ready to order and they'll apply the 10% since I've expressed an interest during the sale.

The other 5 kitchens I've done 4 were Ikea and 1 was MFI I think. More than pleased with the Ikea ones tbh, just want a better selection this time out and the faff saved on building the flat pack will be nice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back