Oops :@( (Magnaclean Woes)

Mop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Magnaclean magnet assembly has sort of exploded ...... (4 yrs old)
I have replaced it with a new unit.

Why I dunno, it was installed in a domestic 3 bed semi with a Viessmann System boiler. Circulating water limited to 75Degs C.

Suggestions ?

magnaa.jpg

I've emailed Adey, just to see what they have to say about this.....

Dramatic huh :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
More "meh" than huh,

But there has been an issue with them. Not sure if you will get a refund on it after 4 years, but I have reported "blown" magnets to them and they have sent me replacement units.

Not going to help you much if you already have one I suppose.

Well if they coughed up a new un, I could keep it under the stairs ...... In case of nuclear attack & all that :cool:

Allways handy to have a spare :mrgreen:

Well I have not seem it happen on the newer ones,so you cold flog it on eBay.

We fit LOTS of these. IMHO they are the best of the lot out there at the moment,

Went to two TF1 this week. One fitted by me, one by others.

Both pishing water.

Sponsored Links
Never seen a magna clean do that!

Seen the magnets fall of the lid

Adey are gonna have to step up their game. Their patent ran out and the market is now flooded with identical products

With Dan on this one

Although you will read plenty slagging of magnaclean .. they are the best of the lot out there and IMHO essential on boiler swaps

For what its worth we will not fit boilers on any system that is not brand new without a magnaclean ....... would rather walk away from the job

Have been called out to a few Magnas leaking from the lid ........ we bulk buy the o rings and change them whenever opened ...... since then no call backs .......

I offer them on quotes and sometimes if people don't wana pay the extra I fit tem anyway. They are cheap enough to not have the hassle

perhaps I should fit a new ring to my mum's one. How much do they cost?

Sold hundreds with no returns that I can recall.
Far outsells the TF1, but that could be down to Fernox flooding the market with the Gold version at a stupid price!

I have seen this before and posted the pic on this forum. There was a seam at the top which if it wasn't welded properly would allow water in and the iron inside rusts.
They used to have a 10 year guarantee but now its only 2 years. Try having a whinge at them anyway. You never know they might just send a replacement. Look around for a serial number before you call.

They have agreed to replace the unit... The magnet assembly has a lifetime G'tee according to them ..... Happy days :D

Dunno what I'm gonna do with the replacement tho'....... It's gonna go under the stairs as a spare :cool:

MagnaCleans are with out a doubt the best filter available on the market to date! There new Pro2 is flawless, Ive NEVER heard of any Pro2's leaking, they are hard core! Have you seen ADEY's new chemicals? blows fernox's out the water IMHO, Im defo a convert!

I was fernox through and through and also started using thier filters untill pretty much everyone i fitted i had call backs as they were leaking like a siv!

Tried Pro2 and was super impressed, never had any problems and now there new canister chemical treats a 15 rad system in under 20 seconds!

Im an ADEY for sure!!!

I'm sure it's very kind of you to join this forum solely to plug the manufacturer :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back