Open Vent certral heating system with no vent pipe

As i said in my first answer it all depends on which boiler you have,
Excuse me and DIA as we went off on little in house training session ;)

Sponsored Links
22 mm hot water pipe comes from the boiler and is teed up for the cold
feed with 22mm pipe. The there is a Pump and it is further teed up with 15 mm for by-pass which it seems an isolator connected to Return.
The hot water has mid-position valve. One side goes to immersion tank and this has auto air trap bottle. The other side goes to heating and that is
also teed up with 15 mm and some thing like end cap with a screw in the middle is soldered on. I suppose this is used to bleed air out on heating side. Bottle air trap is used the let the air out from the hot water side.
But definitely there is not vent pipe.

The instruction manual says it is " Wall hung condensing boilers for traditional open vented systems" and it 18E or 28E VAILLANT

That must be an Ecomax Pro then.

Personally I would change the system to a sealed system. Make sure the pump is always on '3'.

Sponsored Links
Dave wou;d it not be an ecotec plus.

Anyways vailliant say seperate cold feed open vent so get him to change it to how manufacturers say

Personally I doubt it. The 18E and 28E were the 2 ecomax pro boilers.

Ecotec plus would be the 400 series.

looking at the ecomax 18,28 it states vent and feed seperate.so not right

Very common DIA surprises me you have never seen it , have a look at www.partsarena.com/baxi bring up the myson economist 30b/40b or thorn apollo 15/30si and they have a couple of different ways of doing it

Dave this was not brought in by BG it was manufacturers

As you mentioned thorn appolo 15/30si that reminds me the boiler that
was replaced was indeed thorn appolo 15/30 si. This also vindicates the reason that there was no vent pipe. But as now I have got vaillant and the
manual mention a vent pipe:
Should I put one or leave it as it is?
This system also has bottle air trap and another end cap with a screw to
bleed out air.

I beginning to think that I should leave it as it is and replace the auto by pass as it has a service valve type.

Could you advise?

I appreciate all of you for your replies and suggestions

if its a new install then get the guy who fitted it round to get it up to spec,as for bypass. gate valve was the one, before the auto bypass but a service valve is a bit much.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back