Open vent system water flow rate

The cold tap in the kitchen runs off the mains. Other cold taps may also be fed off the mains depending on your setup. The hot taps are fed from the loft tank via your hot water cylinder

Sponsored Links
Apologies i wasn't clear, i wasn't aware that the taps run off the mains, out of interest the water tank in the loft what does this serve?
It will keep your hot water cylinder topped up and provide it with a head/ pressure, for your hot water to bath, sinks and wash basins, possibly a shower. It might also cold fill your toilet cisterns. In some parts of the country from memory, they were allowed to run certain cold taps too from the tank, but the kitchen sink always has a direct, straight off the mains cold feed.

Sponsored Links
Here we go again :LOL::LOL:

Haha, i won't go down that road...

Re converting to combi you mentioned on my previous post the following
Yes, you can take your hot and cold from the kitchen. You'll need to join the rising main to the cold feed to any low pressure pipework you have.

Ideally you should remove all 22mm hot and replace with 15, if at all practical to do so. It'll reduce the waiting time for water to get hot at the taps, and reduce gas consumption too

I asked...
Rising main being the feed to the water tank, join the top pipe to the bottom feed pipe of the water tank?

Even though I'll be capping it off and tapping the hot from the kitchen? So are you saying convert it to 15mm then cap it off? Any ideas how much of the hot will be in 22mm?

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/converting-to-combi-pipework.527086/#ixzz5wJAVZh4M

You do state the obvious don't you.
Obvious to whom, I was replying to the polite OP who asked a question not a Troll.
Apologies i wasn't clear, i wasn't aware that the taps run off the mains, out of interest the water tank in the loft what does this serve?
See Bennyboy some of the people that come on here asking for advice actually want advice, not self important wannabees trying to sound smart, turns out I wasnt stating the obvious to someone asking for advice

Any ideas how much of the hot will be in 22mm?

Usually from the HW cylinder to the bath HW tap and likely everything else, kitchen and etc. will be T'ed from that run.

My 22mm run feeds the bath, but goes a little further - enough to T kitchen, untility and downstairs toilet too.

Simple way to work out which cold taps have direct mains feed, is to turn the stop tap off, then go around flushing toilets, running cold taps to see what still has an doesn't have water.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back