Opening for a space pro sliding wardrobe door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to wait 14 days for these doors to arrive but would like to build the rest of the wardrobe in the meantime. I am constructing this out of 3x2 timber studs lined with plasterboard.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/spacepro...ing-wardrobe-doors-walnut-1753-x-2260mm/2919f

I am trying to determine the exact opening that I need to have in place for these doors, runners etc.

There is one set of measurements for the doors, different set in the “info” and another measurement for the track length.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Track length is maximum doors will cover (1753)with overhang between doors though you can get a little more width as carriage wheels are inset so don’t run to the track ends , track is supplied slightly over length and can be cut shorter .2260 is opening height , there is usually around 8-10mm adjustment on carriage wheels to allow for uneven floor. The panel height given is just that and does not included carriage height .Last time I fitted set height to 2265 to allow for floor undulating . Always possible to pack the base track a few mm if required .
It’s easier to add trim to width once doors are fitted .

Last edited:
UPDATE: Finally got around to finishing this project and the doors were an absolute treat. They are designed to adjust to non-level floors too :)
Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_1623.jpg
    IMG_1623.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_1626.jpg
    IMG_1626.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_1632.jpg
    IMG_1632.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_1633.jpg
    IMG_1633.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 289

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back