Operating pressure question

• Thread starter emanresu007
  • Start date
E

emanresu007

Hello. hope your well,

I have forgotten and cant relate / visualize, what the operating pressure is on a cooker, fire and boiler for revision.

What would be the operating pressure of a cooker, say an indesit IS50GW,
How can you find it out / what might it be and why???

How would you find out the operating pressure of an old Glow worm 120FF boiler, when the burner pressure on max is 14.2 mbar.

Thank You.

Sponsored Links
ha, ha well, I do need more practice that's for sure!

Is the operating pressure on a cooker the same as the gas meter outlet working pressure, less the 1 bar drop, because it doess't have a gas valve, or what?

Sponsored Links
Ill make it easier to answer I suppose, we are talking school level here!

On a cooker, would the operating pressure, be around 20 mbar?

No, there is more than that.

Are you on training course or college or? If yes, you should be given a gas training book as part of your training.

You should be asking questions to your trainer, tutor.

Daniel.

If your a gas engineer, the best advice would be to go back over your books, and don't work on any gas until you have and understood what was written.

A cooker would rely on the regulator at the meter being set correctly within tolerances and correctly sized pipework.

Hey,

All it is, is that I haven't looked at the paperwork for ages, so cant remember, one of the terms. Simply really.

Inlet pressure

Working pressure/ dynamic

Static pressure/ standing

Burner pressure. Min /max

Hey,

Does a cooker have an inlet pressure test point on it though?

I know a hob doesn't. So on a hob, would you get the op pressure from the meter outlet working presure?

Ok, so on the U gauge, its likely to read around 20mbar 19.5 - 20.5, when on, I imagine.

So on a boiler, its if it has an burner pressure test point of say, 14 mbar. Then, on the inlet pressure test point, when on it, will read 14 bar for operating pressure.

Is that correct?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back