Opimising UFH with a Heatmiser UH8 wiring centre

A 3 port blending/mixing valve w/ actuator for each loop/zone? What controls the space temps in those zones if no stat?

Weather compensation is nothing new and just about a given these days.

Sponsored Links
Setting up a boiler properly pays dividends eventually. The boiler will stay in condensing mode for longer and use less energy

I can run radiators at 36c, ufh at 30c when it's freezing outside. Flow temp on the boiler 42c, only going to 70c when the unvented cylinder calls for heat as a priority

Like I said....

It is a failing of the Heatmiser stats where it doesn't have auto DST
I noticed that.. but then it turns out that by the time the clocks change my house is well out of its heating season, so the stats are just fancy thermometers..

Sponsored Links
A 3 port blending/mixing valve w/ actuator for each loop/zone? What controls the space temps in those zones if no stat?

Weather compensation is nothing new and just about a given these days.
Vaillant and Viessmann systems use temperature sensors on the flow pipes that talk with the boiler/wiringcentre and the actuator and keep everything nice and comortable. You set a heating curve for each zone that changes the temperature based on the outdoor weather sensor

You would have one for each zone, well designed UFH should be as open loop as possible and not zoned. for example the whole downstairs of the house as one zone of UFH controlled by one valve/actuator then the upstairs radiator circuit (unmixed) as another zone.

Use TRV's as high temperature limiters if some parts of the house get more solar gain.

This is an example schematic
https://www.urbanplumbers.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/vaillant-schematics.jpg

https://www.urbanplumbers.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/vaillant-schematics-controls-copy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back