Heatmiser for radiators and UFH?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a wet system central heating system that is controlled by a wireless Tado smart thermostat and Extention kit. My boiler is a Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 637. I recently had built an orangery with UFH system installed with a Tado AC smart wired thermostat with its own zone value. I now have 3 zone values, one for the hot water, one for the central heating system and one for the UFH system.

Due to a limitation with Tado and their awful support service, I am looking to purchase the Heatmiser neohub Gen 2, 3 x neoStat v2 smart thermostat and a UH4 wiring system. The neoStats are going to be used for controlling the central heating system, the UFH system, and the hot water. I want to have the ability to control everything remotely via my smartphone.

The place where I am looking to buy the Heatmiser products is out of stock with the neoStat-hw but they say the neoStat v2 can be configured to be used to control the hot water.

Is there anything I should be wary of with using Heatmiser and does anyone have any recommendations on the best way of setting up Heatmiser?

Sponsored Links
The tado can be setup to do what you want you just need to know what you are doing.

There’s a few pro’s on here and another forum who recommend heatmiser. Not sure on setting up.

The tado can be setup to do what you want you just need to know what you are doing.
I have been in touch with Tado support (eventually!) and they have stated that the Tado Extension kit is 2-channel and therefore cannot support 3-channel which is what I have now, i.e. hot water, radiator central heating system, and UFH system.

Also, I would rather move away from Tado due to the lousy support service even though Tado seems pretty robust with their devices. I just hope support from Heatmiser, Hive, etc is better!

Sponsored Links
The extension kit is 2 channel but the additional thermostat enables a 3rd directly wired channel without issue.

Tado support do not assist customers with such installs because it's meant to be done with an installer.

I have a heatmiser system - using a UH8 - RF with NeoAir V2's. I did look at the Neohub but couldn't really justify the cost just for mobile connectivity

Anyway .. the system works seamlessly - the stats can be a little fickle with the RF signal sometimes at the start but it seems that's just the internals of the house and it does settle down after a while but if you are hardwiring then that won't be an issue. Of course you could always use the Neo-Air stats with the UH8- RF and Neohub but as the stats are battery then they can be a bit susceptible to wireless distance issues and a repeater may be needed.

I have a heatmiser system - using a UH8 - RF with NeoAir V2's. I did look at the Neohub but couldn't really justify the cost just for mobile connectivity

Anyway .. the system works seamlessly - the stats can be a little fickle with the RF signal sometimes at the start but it seems that's just the internals of the house and it does settle down after a while but if you are hardwiring then that won't be an issue. Of course you could always use the Neo-Air stats with the UH8- RF and Neohub but as the stats are battery then they can be a bit susceptible to wireless distance issues and a repeater may be needed.
thanks @Madrab. I like to control things via my mobile phone (yes, you can call me a lazy g$t !) so a it's worth me getting a Newhub. For the neoStats, I am going to hardwire all of these so hopefully I will not experience any delays

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back